FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Select a product below for more information.
LEANDER CRADLE QUESTIONS
- What are the benefits of the Leander Cradle?
- For how long can my baby use the cradle?
- Is there a weight limit for the cradle?
- Is it safe to have the cradle hanging from the ceiling?
- Can the mattress cover and cradle fabric be washed?
- Are the cradle straps adjustable?
- Are the Leander cradle and tripod portable?
- Can the tripod tip over?
- Can I have both the tripod and the hook for the ceiling?
- Can I use the tripod in any room?
- Does the Leander Cradle meet Australian standards?
– Basically, the Leander Cradle is baby’s very first bed and the suspension will provide a familiar feeling: movement. While in the womb, baby’s kicks resulted in movement and the Leander Cradle responds to those kicks. The cotton sides are soft to touch and the canopy brings the ceiling down for baby and takes away all distractions. Size wise the Leander Cradle suits your baby much better than a cot, and it will be a beautiful feature in the nursery.
– The Leander Cradle is larger than many on the market, so most babies will comfortably fit in the cradle until 9 months old. However, when your baby can pull him-/herself up to sitting, it is no longer safe to use any cradle. The age at which this happens varies between 6-9 months approx.
– The maximum recommended weight is 10kg
– Provided the hook has been secured properly, it is perfectly safe. The hook must be screwed securely into a main or supporting beam in the ceiling. If you are not confident to do this yourself, call a friend, a home-handyman, or qualified trades person to assist with the installation of the suspension hook. To check the installation of the hook, hang up the cradle, close your fist around all four straps at the top and tug firmly. If nothing happens, the hook is correctly fitted.
– It is the single point suspension that makes this cradle so unique. It allows the cradle to sway freely in any direction, stimulating the senses of your baby while providing a wonderful sense of familiarity.
– Yes. The cradle fabric, the canopy and the mattress cover can all be washed in the machine at max. 60°C.
– Yes. They adjust in length to help make the cradle an ideal height for you. When suspended from the ceiling, you have the maximum adjustment flexibility. When the cradle hangs in the tripod movement is limited by the tripod legs and the lower it hangs the move room there is.
– The cradle can be unhooked and used freely from room to room (extra hooks available). For travel and storage the cradle is easily collapsed in less than a minute, by removing the metal frame and folding it down flat. The tripod is portable once the cradle has been removed and the legs can be pushed together. Fully set, the legs are too wide to fit through a door way (120cm).
– If a toddler/child decides to push the tripod, it can tip over unless the telescopic tube is in place. This tube comes with the tripod and must be used at all times. It fits at the top of the tripod and extends to touch the ceiling. This gives the tripod maximum stability. Soft felt pads at the end of the tube avoids it marking the ceiling. Small children should not be allowed to play unsupervised in the vicinity of the cradle.
– Yes, of course. The cradle comes with a ceiling suspension hook, so when you purchase the tripod you have both.
– The telescopic tube is adjustable for a min. ceiling height of 250cm, and max. ceiling height 283 cm.
– Yes. The cradle has been fire tested and meets British and European safety standards which are accepted in Australia.
LEANDER COT QUESTIONS
- What are the benefits of the Leander Bed?
- What colours are available?
- Does the bed meet Australian Safety Requirements?
- How long is the Leander Bed guaranteed for?
- Is the cot standard size for bedding and manchester?
- To what age can my child sleep in the junior bed?
- Is the junior bed extension an extra?
- Does the cot have a drop side?
– Basically, the Leander Bed offers you a product that is so much more than just a cot. It is a cot when your child needs a cot and then it changes configuration to suit the development of your child. Why have a cot that is big enough for a 4-year old to sleep in, when a 4-year old wants independent access and no high sides? The Leander Bed is low to the ground to give little legs access once the sides are off and it can be extended into a junior bed, with a kit, once your child has outgrown the cot size. Note, that once transformed into the junior version, all the high sides are gone. It looks like a bed.
– The Leander Bed is available in a whitewash or grey as well as a solid white.
– Yes, the bed has been tested and approved as it has been in Denmark, Europe, the US and other world markets.
– All the timber components are guaranteed for 3 years and all fabrics for 2 years. As there are no moving parts as a general rule, should anything be wrong with your Leander Bed it will be when you get it. Please contact us immediately and we will rectify the problem.
– No, the Leander Bed as a cot is smaller than Australian standard cot size, and that is part of what makes it so beautiful. In regards to linen, Leander mattress protectors and Leander fitted sheets are available for both cot and junior bed size.
– It is quite hard to tell as all children grow at different rates. A child with average height and build will be able to use the junior bed until 5 or 6 years old. The junior bed retains the same width as the cot (70cm), so a taller/larger than average child may move into an adult size bed sooner.
– Yes, the junior kit is not part of your initial purchase. A cot extension kit and a mattress extension piece is available from your local Leander retailer. A top mattress and fitted sheets (junior size) are also available.
– The Leander Bed does not have a drop side for the cot. You will find that the cot is not as tall as some more traditional cots, and the carefully designed curved side rail allows most mums to easily reach into the cot without the need for a drop side. Initially, the base is in the high position and access is easy. Later, once the base is at the bottom, your baby is much more robust and doesn’t need you to support their head. Also, your baby will often be sitting or standing up waiting for you after a sleep.
LEANDER CHAIR QUESTIONS
- What are the benefits of the Leander Chair?
- What colours are available?
- When can my child use the Leander Chair?
- Does the Leander Chair have a weight limit?
- Will I need to fit a harness?
- Does the Leander Chair meet Australian Standards?
- Does the chair have a weight limit?
What are the benefits of the Leander High Chair?
– The Leander High Chair let’s your child sit at the table with everyone else. It encourages great posture, social interaction and independence. The Leander Chair consists of three components: legs, seat & foot plates and a back rest. The seat and foot plates can be fitted in multiple settings to always to suit your child’s height. You use an Allen key to change settings. Once your child is older, you can swap the plates and let the bigger foot plate act as a the seat to cater for longer thighs. The smaller seat becomes obsolete in that instance.The back can also be adjusted to ensure maximum support.
– For small children and babies, a safety bar is fitted to the chair to help them stay on the chair, and a cushion will add extra comfort. The safety bar has two settings and can be pulled in around a small child or be left in the outer setting for a larger child. These two settings eliminate the need for a harness which can get very dirty plus is a hindrance should the child choke. A white tray made from ABS plastic is also available for the chair.
– The Leander Chair brings your child to your dining table and the whole family can eat or play together.
What colours are available?
– The Leander Chair and its safety bar are available in white, whitewash, natural, walnut, grey or black. The cushions come in vanilla, coffee, raspberry, ocean, cactus, sunshine yellow or charcoal. Please see images on our product page.
When can my child use the Leander chair?
– Once your baby can sit unassisted, you can start using the Leander Chair. You will use the safety bar for the first 2 – 2 ½ years and after that your child can get up and down by him- or herself. You adjust the seat and foot rest as they grow taller and there are also two settings on the back rest for optimal comfort. Eventually, you will swab the foot rest and seat, as the foot rest is bigger and can accommodate longer thighs. In short, your child can use the chair from baby to adult.
Does the Leander Chair have a weight limit?
– The Chair is designed to change into an adult’s chair and holds 130kg!
Will I need to fit a harness?
– No, the Leander Chair safety bar has two settings which allow you to minimise the gap between your child’s tummy and the bar. Once snug, your child will be unable to climb out. You can alter the safety bar setting without the use of tools. As your child grows bigger you can leave the safety bar in the outer setting, and once your child is able to sit by itself (2 – 2 ½ years old) you can remove it completely.
Does the Leander Chair meet Australian Standards?
– The Leander Chair meets all standard requirements in Europe, Denmark, the UK and Australia.
BAMBOO BY BOMBOL QUESTIONS
- What are the benefits of the Bamboo bouncer?
- Please explain DBR – dynamic back rest?
- What are the benefits of DBR other than the ability to change position?
- The frame has a 3D design. What does that mean?
- When can my child use the bouncer?
- Do I need the New Born Kit?
- For how long can my child be in the bouncer at a time?
- Is the fabric washable?
- Is the bouncer made from bamboo?
- Is the Bamboo environmentally friendly?
What are the benefits of the Bamboo bouncer?
– The Bamboo offers much more than a standard bouncer. The child is able to adjust his/her sitting position by him-/herself and is thereby encouraged to develop motor skills and muscle strength. It also reacts (bounces) to the tiniest of movements by the baby which is ideal. Finally, the harness can be removed later on converting the bouncer to a small chair suitable until 18kg.
Please explain DBR – Dynamic Back Rest?
– The DBR was designed to allow small children to pull themselves up from a reclined position before they really have the strength to do so. It allows them to gently change position by shifting their body weight.
What are the benefits of DBR other than the ability to change position?
– Your baby will discover its body and the “cause and effect” of moving it. The movements encourage muscle development and coordination.
The frame has a 3D design. What does that mean?
– The frame is made from aluminium which is very flexible and light yet incredibly strong. The 3D effect in the design ensures that the frame always returns to the same position even if bent. It is however, not recommended to forcefully bend the frame for extended periods as it can cause permanent deformation.
When can my child use the bouncer?
– Bamboo is certified for use from 3.5kg -18 kg. If you wish to use the bouncer for your new born you may want to get the new born kit which has a smaller back rest (to suits the lighter weight) and a head support.
Do I need the New Born Kit?
– Only if you want to use the bouncer straight after baby’s birth will you need this kit. The new born kit has a smaller back rest (to suits the lighter weight) and a head support and hence offers more support to a new born. If you are not sure when you will start using the bouncer, then just get the bouncer and hold off getting the kit. It is easy to buy in our online store should you decide to get it.
For how long can my child be in the bouncer at a time?
– There is no set time limit and your child can be in Bamboo as long as he/she is happy and content. A nap in the Bamboo is also fine but extended periods of sleep are not recommended. The bouncer does not replace the need for a bed.
Is the fabric washable?
– Yes the cover is machine washable at 30°C once the rigid inserts are removed from their inner pockets.
Is the bouncer made from bamboo?
– The bouncer has similar attributes to bamboo but is not made from it. It consists of an aluminium frame and two types of fabric. The upholstery is 100% polyester and the elastic fabric 86% polyester/14% elastemor. Both fabrics conform to the strict Oeko-Tex 100 standard as well as the new REACH regulation from the EU. The rigid inner inserts are made from recycled polypropylene.
Is the Bamboo environmentally friendly?
– The longevity of the Bamboo is great for the environment. Not only is it used for a long time for each child but it is also of such high quality that it will last several children. The materials are unified and 95% can be recycled. The frame is 99% aluminium. The seat is 90% polyester and the inserted supports are 100% polypropylene.
- How long can I use the Bednest?
- Can my baby roll out into my bed?
- Is the Bednest attached to our bed?
- Is it safe to let the baby sleep with the side down if I am not in the bed?
- Is the Bednest guaranteed?
- Is it possible to use a baby respiratory monitor with a sensor pad under the mattress?
- Will the Bednest fit my bed? How high/low does it go?
How long can I use the Bednest?
– The Bednest is designed to be used until your baby is around six months old. If your baby can sit unassisted then he/she has outgrown the Bednest. The maximum recommended weight is 10kg.
Can my baby roll out into my bed?
– Babies start to roll at approximately 3 months old and at this stage we suggest that you keep the side panel nearest the bed up unless you are feeding.
Is the Bednest attached to our bed?
– Yes you get a short and a long strap with your purchase. Use the short strap to secure the Bednest if your bed has a frame. If you have an ensemble, connect the long and the short strap to secure your Bednest to your bed.
Is it safe to let the baby sleep with the side down if I am not in the bed?
– No, your baby must never be left with the side down unless an adult is present.
Is the Bednest guaranteed?
– Yes – all our products are covered by a minimum 12 month guarantee
Is it possible to use a baby respiratory monitor with a sensor pad under the mattress?
Will the Bednest fit my bed? How high/low does it go?
– The height of the Bednest is easily adjustable and may be used with beds where the top of the mattress is no less than 300mm and no more than 660mm from the floor. The Bednest stand has around 70 height adjustments so it is easy to form a continuous flat surface.
The Bednest comes with two straps, one long strap for attaching the Bednest to a divan bed and a shorter strap for attaching to framed beds. Please connect the Bednest as closely as possible to the parents’ bed. Make sure the two mattresses are at the same level so there is no step.
If you have a ensemble bed, make sure the Bednest attaches securely to the main bed and that there is no gap between the two mattresses.
If your mattress is set within a frame, then the drop down side panel will act as a bridge up to 20cm between the Bednest and your mattress. The side panel can take the weight of a baby up to 10kg. Please contact us if you are unsure if the Bednest is suitable for your bed.
TROLL FURNITURE QUESTIONS
- The Sun cot is 140cm long. How do I get a mattress to fit?
- Can I get linen to fit the longer mattress size?
- Does the Sun cot convert to a junior bed?
- The change table mat seems too short
- Can the Sun dresser act as change table
- Is there a colour choice?
The Sun cot is 140cm long. How do I get a mattress to fit?
– Yes the Troll Sun cot is longer than standard which is why the mattress is included with your purchase. Click here for full details on the mattress.
Can I get linen to fit the longer mattress size?
– As long as you buy sheets made for a large standard cot, i.e. Boori they will fit the Sun cot mattress.
Does the Sun cot convert to a junior bed?
– Yes it does. You will have to buy the junior conversion kit but that is all. The mattress is reused.
The change table mat seems too short.
– It may seem short but it is actually that length on purpose. The gap at the end is meant to be at baby’s feet close to you so that you have a secure space to put creams and wipes. Otherwise baby would be able to kick them off and you would have to bend to the shelves a lot more for supplies.
Can the Sun dresser act as a change table?
– Yes. By fitting a change tray to the dresser it can be your change table with a lovely, large drawer for all the supplies. The tray is a separate item which is easily fitted to the dresser. Please note that the tray will bring the dresser out from the wall by approximately 10cm. A change mat for the tray is also available.
Is there a colour choice?
– yes, the range is available in white or whitewash.
MOOVER TOYS QUESTIONS
- What material are Moover Toys made from?
- Where are the Moover Toys made?
- What is the difference between the Baby Truck and the Dump Truck?
- Can the Dolls Pram act as a baby walker?
- What is the warranty on the products?
- Can the Moover Toys be outdoors?
What material are the Moover Toys made from?
– The Moover Toys are made from high quality plywood made from linden wood. The wood is sourced from sustainably managed forests. The Line range is made from premium quality MDF.
Where are the Moover Toys made?
– The Moover Toys are made in China in a factory with very high standards for its production methods and for its workers’ conditions and welfare. The factory is ICTI Care certified.
What is the difference between the Baby Truck and the Dump Truck?
– The Baby Truck is a simpler design with only forwards and backwards motion as well as a larger lid to the storage under the seat. The Dump Truck is articulated and can steer around corners which requires more gross motor skills and the smaller lid requires more fine motor skills. The Baby Truck is designed for 12 months+ and the Dump Truck for 2 years+. Although you could argue that the Dump Truck has a greater life span and may be a preferred purchase, it is vital that the model suits the age of the child. In other words, a 1-year old will not get the same enjoyment from a Dump Truck as he/she would from the Baby Truck.
Can the Dolls Pram act as a baby walker?
– No, the Dolls Pram is designed for children who can already walk. The Baby Walker in the range, on the other hand, is carefully designed to assist the toddler while learning to walk. The design elements include weight distribution and centre of gravity as well as inbuilt brakes to make it safe.
What is the warranty on the products?
– All the products in the Moover Toys range have a 12 months warranty period. Please keep your receipt.
Can the Moover Toys be outdoors?
– The toys are not designed for outdoor use but if you are happy for them to weather faster and you keep them dry, they will work outside too.
EVOLU 2 HIGHCHAIR
What colours are available?
The Evolu 2 Chair is available in 2 colours. White with Natural legs and Anthracite Grey with Natural legs.Trays are available in 3 colours to match the chair: White, Anthracite Grey and Natural.
What are the benefits of the Evolu2 Chair?
The Evolu2 Chair can be configured into 3 different height settings. The chair comes with 2 sets of legs, a standard set and a short set, which can be used to turn the chair into a small chair for a young child. An extra set of extension legs is also available for the chair. The extension legs will extend the highchair to a height suitable for a breakfast bar.
What accessories are available?
The Accessories for the Evolu2 Chair include trays, extension legs, a neoprene cushion and a storage basket for small toys etc. See link to products:
What is the warranty for the Evolu2 Chair?
There is a 1 year warranty on the Evolu2 Chair.