Leander Classic Cot
This beautiful cot is the flagship product of the Leander range. Its soft, rounded curves give this oval cot its unique look and it is highly sought after by celebrities and interior designers. The quality in unsurpassed and it will stand the test of time, both as a cot and converted into a junior bed.
The Leander Classic Cot is different from any other cot on the market. It has been designed with the child’s perspective in mind, and the result is a stunning looking baby cot which can convert into a junior bed for the older child via stages. With its oval shape and quality materials the Leander Cot takes the tradition of Scandinavian craftsmanship and design to a new level of excellence. It is easy to assemble and use and is safe for your baby.
Stig Leander, the designer, says: “I wanted to create a baby cot as a natural extension to the idea behind the Leander Cradle. It annoys me that babies cots are so traditional, not taking the needs of the children into account. That’s why I wanted to combine practicality of use with simple design. We develop our products with a strong focus on the little one’s need for comfort and an understanding of the world seen from his/her perspective.”
The Leander cot has 5 configurations as per the image above
1. For infants, the cot base is positioned at the high setting as your baby is not yet mobile and does not need the high sides for protection.
2. Once your baby is mobile, the base must be lowered so the high sides can keep him/her safe.
3. As your baby becomes a toddler, the first adaptation takes place: one of the rail sides comes off. The familiar feeling of protection and safety provided by the high sides is maintained but this configuration allows your child to climb in and out by him-/herself.
4. As your child develops further, the other three sides are removed (all together) and the cot is now a small bed without any signs that it was ever a cot.
5. Your child’s continued growth dictates when the transition to the junior bed takes place. The timber extension pieces required and the extension mattress piece are bought separately. You can also add a junior bed guard.