Return and Exchange Policy
If you are in any way unhappy with your Danish by Design purchase you may return/exchange it under the following conditions:
- Must be returned within 14 days of receipt.
- Must be purchased on www.danishbydesign.com.au
- The product must be as new, i.e. unused and undamaged in original packaging including all accessories and user manuals where applicable. We also require that you take sufficient care when packaging the goods for the return so they can arrive undamaged.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details at hand: Your Name, Invoice Number, Reason for Return and Request for Replacement, Exchange or Refund. We will then issue a Return Merchandise Authorisation form and a freight label for you.
- Smaller items can be returned free of charge, however bigger items may incur a postage fee.
- Please note we are unable to refund initial postage/shipping and handling of products.
- Our return policy does not apply if the product has been used, worn, soiled or damaged. We reserve the right to refuse a return if these requirements are not met.
- Although each Danish by Design product has received a high level of quality control, in the rare instance that the product is faulty, we will replace it. If a part of a product is deemed faulty, we will endeavour to replace that part as opposed to the entire product
- Danish by Design is NOT responsible if you change your mind, after the delivery of your goods. In other words we reserve the right to refuse the return of an item, if it is delivered as ordered, it is not faulty, and the goods are as pictured on the web site. This policy relates particularly to large and heavy furniture items which are subject to a greater risk of freight and handling damage in the process of their return to our warehouse. We will use our discretion and assist customers when able.
Please fill in this form to submit a warranty claim https://www.danishbydesign.com.au/product-issue-form/ . We will then contact you to finalise your warranty claim. Please do not attempt to return an item before you have heard from us (you may be responsible for any associated expenses).
We will not refund or replace a product that you have bought and received where, in our reasonable opinion, the product has: become of unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear; misuse; failure to use in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions; using it in an abnormal way; or failure to take reasonable care.
We are committed to keeping your personal data confidential and secure. We do not sell, rent or loan your personal information to any other company. However we do use your personal data to process your order and to provide you with a personalised service. The Danish by Design website is secure.
Danish by Design will deliver to your preferred address however please take careful note of the following:
- Your goods will be delivered by courier except for small parcels which may be sent with Australia Post or equivalent.
- We will provide dispatch details including tracking so you can plan ahead. You must be at home to receive the goods – if not the courier will be advised to leave the parcel. Purchases through the Danish by Design online store give the courier company automatic authority to leave the items at your nominated address if there is no one at home.
- If you are unable to receive the goods, or are unwilling to give authority for the goods to be left at your risk, or the premises does not have access when you are not at home, then please provide an alternative or work address where the goods can be delivered in normal working hours.
- Goods not able to be left may be subject to additional fees for re-delivery.
- Please plan carefully before completing your purchase. Please provide an address where the courier can deliver and be home to receive the goods. The courier company cannot be expected to assist with the moving of furniture into the home, upstairs, or wait at a premises where there is a locked security entrance. All deliveries of heavy furniture items should be to an address where there will be assistance of strong able-bodied persons to help with the unloading of the cartons.
Personalised and prompt service is of utmost importance to us. We will notify you as soon as possible if there are any problems or delays in delivery. We will answer all emails as soon as possible on the same day or next working day. Our general order processing time is 24-48 hours.
We can also be contacted by phone 03 9588 0999