or 4 fortnightly payments of $8.75 with More info
If you have lost the hardware for the Leander Cot simply order this complete hardware pack and you will have everything you need (and spares).
INCLUDES: The original hardware kit as well as pieces to put the ends together.
DELIVERY: 3-7 days
This beautiful cot is the flagship product of the Leander range. Its soft, rounded curves give this oval cot its unique look and it is highly sought after by celebrities and interior designers. The quality in unsurpassed and it will stand the test of time, both as a cot and converted into a junior bed.
The Leander Cot is different from any other cot on the market. It has been designed with the child’s perspective in mind, and the result is a stunning looking baby cot which can convert into a junior bed for the older child via stages. With its oval shape and quality materials the Leander Cot takes the tradition of Scandinavian craftsmanship and design to a new level of excellence. It is easy to assemble and use and is safe for your baby.
Stig Leander, the designer, says: “I wanted to create a baby cot as a natural extension to the idea behind the Leander Cradle. It annoys me that babies cots are so traditional, not taking the needs of the children into account. That’s why I wanted to combine practicality of use with simple design. We develop our products with a strong focus on the little one’s need for comfort and an understanding of the world seen from his/her perspective.”
The Leander cot has 5 configurations as per the image above
1. For infants, the cot base is positioned at the high setting as your baby is not yet mobile and does not need the high sides for protection.
2. Once your baby is mobile, the base must be lowered so the high sides can keep him/her safe.
3. As your baby becomes a toddler, the first adaptation takes place: one of the rail sides comes off. The familiar feeling of protection and safety provided by the high sides is maintained but this configuration allows your child to climb in and out by him-/herself.
4. As your child develops further, the other three sides are removed (all together) and the cot is now a small bed without any signs that it was ever a cot.
5. Your child’s continued growth dictates when the transition to the junior bed takes place. The timber extension pieces required and the extension mattress piece are bought separately. You can also add a junior bed guard.
The Leander Cot is made from European beech, which is plantation grown and sustainable. All varnishes, glues and paints used are non-toxic and safe for your baby. The cot is approved to Australian Standards and undergoes regular testing to maintain its certification.
The assembly of the cot is simple and straightforward. It has a guarantee period of 3 years but as there are no moving parts no faults are likely to occur and the cot should last a very long time. Please make sure you store excess screws carefully as you progress through the various configurations so that you can rebuild the cot. The kit for the junior bed will reuse the hardware from the cot so please don’t be alarmed when none is supplied.