This beautiful cot is the flagship product of the Leander range. Its soft, rounded curves give this oval cot its unique look and it is highly sought after by celebrities and interior designers. The quality in unsurpassed and it will stand the test of time, both as a cot and converted into a junior bed.
The Leander Cot is different from any other cot on the market. It has been designed with the child’s perspective in mind, and the result is a stunning looking baby cot which can convert into a junior bed for the older child via stages. With its oval shape and quality materials the Leander Cot takes the tradition of Scandinavian craftsmanship and design to a new level of excellence. It is easy to assemble and use and is safe for your baby.
Stig Leander, the designer, says: “I wanted to create a baby cot as a natural extension to the idea behind the Leander Cradle. It annoys me that babies cots are so traditional, not taking the needs of the children into account. That’s why I wanted to combine practicality of use with simple design. We develop our products with a strong focus on the little one’s need for comfort and an understanding of the world seen from his/her perspective.”
The Leander cot has five configurations as per the image above
1. For infants, the cot base is positioned at the high setting as your baby is not yet mobile and does not need the high sides for protection.
2. Once your baby is mobile, the base must be lowered so the high sides can keep him/her safe.
3. As your baby becomes a toddler, the first adaptation takes place: one of the rail sides comes off. The familiar feeling of protection and safety provided by the high sides is maintained but this configuration allows your child to climb in and out by him-/herself.
4. As your child develops further, the other three sides are removed (all together) and the cot is now a small bed without any signs that it was ever a cot.
5. Your child’s continued growth dictates when the transition to the junior bed takes place. The timber extension pieces required and the extension mattress piece are bought separately. You can also add a junior bed guard.
- Danish design with soft curved lines.
- Designed from a child’s perspective.
- Made from beech timber from sustainable sources.
- From newborn to school age.
- World class breathable mattress options
- Cot measures 120W x 70D x 95H
- Converts to a junior bed. Kit available.
- Junior Bed measures 150W x 70D x 55H
- Can hold up to 100kg
- Available in whitewash or white.
LEANDER COT MATTRESS OPTIONS
To match the unsurpassed quality standard of their products, Leander has teamed up with Austrian company Träumeland to offer the best mattresses possible. Träumeland (Dreamland) is the leading manufacturer in Europe of high-end mattresses for babies and children. Their mattresses are made from the best grade foam and undergo a high tech cutting and construction process to make their mattresses as breathable and hygienic for you baby as possible. Read more about Träumeland here.
This super comfortable mattress has a pressure-relieving cold foam core with drilled vertical air channels for continuous air circulation. The surfaces are different: one side has small knobs and is ideal for a baby’s weight (the white side) and the other has a wave pattern (the purple side) ideal for a heavier toddler (12kg+).
The mattress has a zip-off cover with inbuilt mattress protector with excellent wetness protection and breathability properties. It contains Tencel® which is 130 times more absorbent than cotton and is quilted with 100% wash fleece (polyester fleece) and refined with lavender and melissa oil essences for their calming effect as well as their effectiveness against fungi and bacteria.
The core of this mattress is made from Cellflex foam cut into highly flexible 3D comfort pads. Cellflex foam is very open in its composition without compromising its strength. Premium+7 also has a baby and a toddler side in terms of ideal weight. There is no colour difference – it is expressed as a difference in the cutting of the pads.
The zip-off cover on the Premium+7 mattress has all the features of the Comfort+7 cover plus some additional: The baby side is quilted with a special 3D material as well as the wash fleece to offer unparalleled breathability at this delicate time. The cover is also fitted with a mesh material along the zip for added air circulation.